Francophonie 2018 in Armenia, Yerevan
Francophonie 2018 in the capital of Armenia Yerevan is a great event for all the Armenians and for the whole French-speaking world.
Francophonie is coming to Armenia!
Francophonie is an event happening every two years and this year, it is our turn to host the 17th edition of Francophonie summit.
THE INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION OF LA FRANCOPHONIE
Being the greatest International linguistic zone in the world the international organization of la Francophonie tries to share not only the French language but also the values of French-speaking people. The international organization of la Francophonie organizes the Francophonie Festival around the world.
LA FRANCOPHONIE SUMMIT
2018 La Francophonie summit is going to take place in Armenia, Yerevan. It will bring officials and heads of state from 84 countries on October 11. By the way, it is the largest international event taking place in Armenia.
LA FRANCOPHONIE FACTS
1. French is the second widely used language after English.
2. France is the most visited country in the world.
3. French has more than a million words.
4. The International Francophonie Day is celebrated since 1988.
LA FRANCOPHONIE COUNTRIES
These are 58 Member States and Governments:
Albania, Principality of Andorra, Armenia, Kingdom of Belgium, French Community of Belgium, Benin, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Canada-New-Brunswick, Canada-Quebec, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, , Cyprus, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, France, Gabon, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Laos, Lebanon, Luxembourg, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Moldova, Monaco, Niger, New-Caledonia, Qatar, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Säo Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Switzerland, Togo, Tunisia, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
BENEFITS OF FRANCOPHONIE
French Ambassador to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte once said that they think French is a very important language which needs to be promoted more. He considered French to be a language of friendliness and exchange. French is undoubtedly one of the most spoken languages in the world.
FRANCOPHONIE DAYS IN ARMENIA 2018
The Embassy of France will start the Francophonie event in Yerevan with a series of cultural events. They will take place from March 12 to April 12. The events will include culture, cinema, music, theatre, and food.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9 – “YOUTH, THE BEGINNING OF LIVING TOGETHER”
09:30 – 12:00 – Workgroups “Free Together” in French and Armenian
10:00 – 12:00 – Youth work capacity, presentation, AUF
14:00 – 17:00 with the participation of APF, AUF, CONFÉJES, LOJIQ, BIJ, OFQJ, PIRJEF
• Report on the Situation of Young People in the Francophone Territory
• “Free Together Toolbox” presentation and the start of this application
• Free Together Initiative in Armenia, Official start
• International Volunteerism of Francophonie label launch
• Evidence of living together and moving together
• HERMIONE 2018 “Free Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean”. Victorine IFEF Programs: Competition IFEF “Innovative Idea for Educational Program” Free Work Together (French and Armenian) TUMO School Show: younger generation’s testimonies
17:00 – Official Opening Ceremony of La Francophonie
19:00 – Five Continents Award Ceremony (Arno Babajanyan Theater)
19:45 – “French in the world” 2018 official presentation of the report (Arno Babajanyan Theater)
20:30 – Fanny Faar (Congo) and Sn9per Crew – Avan Stage
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10 – “I SPEAK FRENCH, AND YOU?”
09:30 – 12:30 –
• French in the world in 2018 Report presentation (Ed. GAYAMA) French Language Research Center: Testimonies from Armenia “Argument for French”. Association of Teachers of French in Armenia
• Presentation of the Francophonie Institute for IFEF Education on Testimonies from Armenia: against gender stereotypes: Educational Guide on Struggle
14:00 – 15:00 – AUF: “Public Obligations of the Universities”
15:00 – 16:00 – “French and Francophonie on TV5MONDE: screenings and competitions
EXHIBITS – WORKGROUPS – GAMES
14:00 – 17:00 – Victorine about IFEF Programs
14:00 – 17:00 – Competition IFEF “Innovative Idea for Educational Program”
14:00 – 17:00 – Free Together workgroups (French and Armenian)
17:00 – 19:00 – TUMO School Show
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11 – “LET’S SPEAK ABOUT ENTERPRISES AND DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES”
10:00 – 12:00 – Presentation of the report “Francophonie and Sustainable Development: Innovations and Successes”.
12:00 – 13:00 – Report-Presentation on the Digital Status of La Francophonie in 2018
14:30 – 18:00 –
• Digital Entrepreneurship for Women and Youth: interviews and conversations
• TUMO school show
• Testimonies and Tips to Entrepreneurs, Incubators and public figures’ experience
• For Women’s Entrepreneurship the presentation of Francophonie Refef.org Network
EXHIBITS – WORKGROUPS – GAMES
15:30 – 16:30 and 17:00 – 18:00
Workshop “Build from Earth” – Heritage: Local, at the level of sustainable development and crisis resolution levers (registration, AIMF)
17:00 – 19:00 – TUMO school show
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12
09:30 – 12:00 – Workshops “Free Together” in French and Armenian
10:00 – 15:00 – TUMO school show
12:00 – 14:00 – The meetings of the FMCs of Radio Van and Courrier d’Erevan journalists
with “Reference to the Week of Francophonie in Yerevan”
Afternoon – Closing of the pavilions
Visit Armenia during the days of Francophonie in Armenia 2018 and take part in these wonderful events!
The source of the article is Levon Travel.